Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Grrr...

Ok, I love my mother and all that, but sometimes, she can be a real bitch. Take tonight. I was in the process of filling out an application for a summer job, working for a painting company that paints houses in three zip codes adjacent to mine. I'm cheerfully filling out the application form when Mom comes in to say goodnight. I mention what I'm doing, and she asks me how I'm going to get to the jobs. No problem, I have a bike that works fine. No you aren't, she says, you aren't a good enough biker, and I don't want you going through those neighborhoods. (She has a point there; those parts of town are a bit scuzzy). Anyway, 15 minutes of arguing later, it boils down to the fact that she's not letting me take the job because I don't have a good enough way to get to the places I'd be working. Needless to say, I'm really pissed off. I had to go back on my word and break a promise I'd made to the painting franchise manager, which really pissed me off. I never like to break a promise, and I almost never do. And yet, what can I do about it? Not a goddamn thing, which makes me more pissed off, if that's possible. I still live at home with my parents, which limits my leverage a little bit, because I'm still dependent on them for a lot of things. Kitty would say that this is one more reason why I should move out on my own, and I agree. But, I need money and a steady income to move out on my own, and I need a job to get the money, and I apparently need my parent's permission to get a job of any kind. Son of a bitch, it's a vicious circle. I can think of a couple other things I can do for the summer, but I'm still really mad. This was a good job, with a steady income, and I was hoping to make some good money. Well, enough bitching for one night. I still have to go to bed and get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment