I've spent most of it fiddling around on my computer, changing some settings and importing music.
Linux Fun
I recently reset some settings on my computer to try and fix a nagging little problem, and the reset seems to have done the trick. Linux is a nice operating system, but it has its share of bugs. Sometimes I think about just switching back to Windows, or wiping Linux and reinstalling. But, that would be a bit of a hassle, and most of the time, the problems are easily solved. I did try a different version of Linux today, though; Freespire, built on top of Ubuntu, the distro I currently run. What impressed me most about Freespire was the way it detected and loaded the drivers for my wireless card without me having to do anything. On Ubuntu, setting up my wireless card took two hours and another program, and it was a big pain in the behind.
Gloria
This morning, my local newspaper, the Seattle Times, had another story on Gloria. Gloria Strauss is an 11-year old girl who is infected with a particularly nasty type of cancer called Neuroblastoma. Her family has tried various treatments, including stem-cell transplant, chemotherapy, and three experimental drugs. Nothing's worked, so now her family has turned to their faith, and is waiting for a miracle. It's a very interesting, and sometimes heartbreaking, story. The whole 9-part series can be read at www.seattletimes.com/gloria.
Muuuusic
Last night, Kitty let me take home some of her CDs so I could listen to them, and see if I liked them or not. Currently I'm listening to a group called Afro Celt Sound System, which has some pretty interesting sound. It's like a cross between African and Celtic music, as the name might suggest. I don't know if I'll keep them yet, but they are interesting. Certainly a change from what I usually listen to.
Last part
When I logged onto blogger to make a new post, I noticed that they had a new feature: Blogger Play, which shows a steady stream of photos currently being uploaded to Blogger. One photo in particular caught my eye:
I don't know what this is, but I'm guessing that it's a hurricane image of one of this year's storms.Until next time, I'm going to do something useful now.
No comments:
Post a Comment