Yep, Easter has rolled around again. My family doesn't celebrate much, as we're not really Christian, but we do have a nice dinner. This year, my grandmother and Kitty both came over. Kitty was late, though. Apparently she thought we weren't eating until 5:30, even though I had told her to be here at 4:00. Oh well, it all worked out. We just saved some food for her, and she enjoyed it. I made something that I call a Jello cake - basically a couple layers of Jello in a cheesecake pan. Once the layers have set, I removed the sides of the pan, revealing a large blob of Jello that kind of resembled a cake. Yummy. Only problem was, it was kind of unstable, and a little bit oozed off onto the tablecloth. No big deal, though.
And of course, there was a little politics to go along with it. Dad thought I was being critical of him when he lifted the Jello cake I made off the table, and I told him to stop. I wasn't being critical. I just didn't want Jello all over the place. So, I dunno. He did explain something to me later though, which was a bit of a revelation. More on that later.
Finally, I offended - or worried, or something - Kitty when I said that.. that.. I dunno how to put it, but sometimes I get a little tired of seeing her every day, or every couple days. In a way, it's true. I not only have to figure out my own emotions, which is hard enough, but I have to take Kitty's emotions into account too, when I do something. And that is taxing on me, especially at home. I feel like I'm walking on pins and needles: I want to snuggle with Kitty, but I don't want Sis making rude remarks about us snuggling - she's a prude, but that's another story - and I don't want to cause another big blowup like what happened last year, two days before Christmas. So, that's as near as I can figure out. Another thing is that whenever I go out with Kitty, sometimes my family makes it seem like I'm doing a disfavor to the family somehow, or like they're doing me a favor by letting me go out.
What? I'm only gone for a few hours people, and I always come back. Just shove off for a change, and focus on something else!
Yeah, that bugs me a little. And now I made Kitty worried because I said that to her. Oh, fuck it. I'm going to move to the woods and become a hermit.
Ok, not really. That would be boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment