So, I just told my girlfriend that I would be spending Christmas at my family's house, instead of coming to her parents' house, like I said I might be doing. Now frankly, I'm a little confused at her reaction.
She was really upset. Apparently I had changed my story about where I was going on Christmas 2 or 3 different times, without even realizing it. She does miss having me on Christmas, but I didn't realize how much she missed it until now. Apparently, my offering to spend Christmas Eve with her wasn't enough of a compromise. I'll do it anyway if she wants me to, though. I'm sorry she's upset, because I accidentally misled her about where/when I would come for Christmas. I regret doing that. I need to be more clear in the future.
However, I feel she didn't fully consider one thing: my feelings. I was never asked where I wanted to be on Christmas. It was just "you're coming out to my parents' for Christmas, right?" That left me a little miffed. I decide where I go on Christmas. I want to spend a major holiday with my family, too. Since I spent Thanksgiving with her, it's not asking too much if I spend the other holiday with my family. That doesn't mean she's excluded, though. I'm thinking of inviting her over for Christmas day anyway. It could be fun.
Is she being too selfish, wanting me for both holidays? Maybe. Maybe not. She doesn't think so, evidently. I'm too biased to say whether she is or not. But I want to spend a holiday with my family, after spending the last one with her.
God dammit, it's the Christmas season. It's about love, joy, peace on Earth, blah blah blah. Why does this crap keep popping up?
No comments:
Post a Comment