Wow, it's been a little time since I've posted here. I've been kind of focused on schoolwork, and posting to my other blog, that I haven't payed much attention to this one.
I quit my toy store job. Did I mention that? Yeah, it only lasted four days. I just couldn't stand my boss. I don't know how to describe it, except that she really rubbed me the wrong way. I always felt like she was treating me like a kid. So, at the end of my fourth day, I asked one of my coworkers to leave her my resignation letter. I wanted a head start before she found out. She was kind of mad, and I don't blame her. Quitting that way, instead of trying to work things out first, usually isn't the best way to do things. But, I already hated going to work after three days on the job. So, why should I keep it anymore? Now, I'm wondering if she'll send me my piddly paycheck for those days worked. Supposedly, paychecks were coming out the week I quit. But, it's been a couple weeks, and I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. I should email a guy I worked with who's also a UW student and ask him if he got his paycheck yet.
Today, I sent my resume to a person who is looking for a 3 morning a week barista job, in the applied physics laboratory at the UW, about a mile from my house. I have barista experience, so it looked like fun. It's not much money, but it's not much time, either. So, we'll see where that goes.
I have final exams this week, too. Butt-fuckin' yay. :P One final exam tomorrow afternoon, and the next on Thursday morning. Then, I'm done. I should have studied more than I did today, but I think I can finish up tomorrow. I'm not too worried about my history exam; the only problem I can forsee is remembering everything. I hope the professor doesn't make all the exam questions like "define this ten-letter-acronym." That would be downright mean. Fortunately, he doesn't seem like the kind of professor who would do that.
Next week, one of my aunts (the cool one) is coming to town. She's bringing a couple girls who, while they're not related, might as well be her daughters. That's a long story. Anyway, I'm looking forward to that too. I haven't seen her in a little while, and it should be fun.
So yeah, that's my current life in a nutshell. I think I'm the nut, too. 'Night everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment