Dear ----- ------,Fudge. I didn't get in. Oh well; I can try again in the spring, at least.
I regret to inform you that you have not been admitted to the Department of Computer Science & Engineering for fall quarter 2008. Admission into Computer Science & Engineering is competitive and, due to limitations on space and resources, we cannot accept all students.
In response to the questions we have received in the past about the admissions process, we developed a web page to help you to understand a bit more about our review process. The page includes information about resources available to you as you continue to make decisions about your academic career: http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/ugrad/prospective/ reviewprocess.html.
If you plan to re-apply to CSE and have additional questions after reading through the review page, feel free to contact a CSE advisor. We encourage you to consider alternative major options as well, and you should meet with advisors in the Engineering Advising and Diversity Center or the Gateway Center if you would like to discuss related programs that may also fit your academic goals.
Engineering Advising and Diversity Center: http://www.engr.washington.edu/advising/resources.html
Gateway Center: http://www.washington.edu/uaa/gateway/advising/
I wish you the best as you pursue your educational endeavors.
Sincerely,
Professor Steve Seitz
Undergraduate Admissions Committee Chair
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
A Letter
So, I got this email today, from the Computer Science department at the UW:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment