It's been some time since I last made a post here, and since then, a lot of things have happened. I didn't feel like I was busy today, but I've been very busy overall.
First, I started the process of finding a job. I met with my DVR counselor, and he gave me the information for a guy at a place called Worksource. Basically, their job is to find people jobs. It'll be a hard process, but I'm confident I can find the right job for me, regardless of what it is. In the meantime, I have to do my damndest to look busy, since I won't be in school.
I talked with my mom about that bit of it last week. She was remarkably calm about it, given her initial reaction. She seems to have the illusion that she can control whether or not I do this. That's fine, if it makes her happy. In reality, it's not up to her. I hate to say this, but I'm the decider in this case. I still have to talk to dad about it, too. I'm just waiting for the right time.
Second, I somehow ended up with a girlfriend again. Despite my dissertation to the contrary, I decided to try a new relationship with her. I'm not entirely sure why I decided to; I guess I just missed her. But I'm in it now, for better or worse. I have a feeling it's for the better. She regretted breaking up with me in the first place, although I still have a few things
to say about that. Sometime, we'll have to talk about that.
Third, I.. well, I guess there's not really any third. Those are the two major things to happen. Oh yeah, mom came back from her month-long bike tour on the 31st. She had the time of her life, wants to do it again, blah blah blah. Whatever. 'Night, everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment