Sunday, November 08, 2009

Me Time

For the past few months, I've been used to having lots of time to myself. Time to play on the computer, play with Legos, time to do whatever I liked. Now that I have a job and a girlfriend, I don't have as much time. Those afternoons spent on the computer for hours on end are gone, given over to working and being a productive member of society.

Or something like that. Truth be told, I usually wasn't doing anything that productive during that time. When I was in school, that time would be used for doing homework or attending classes, but since I wasn't in school, I wasn't doing anything much. I did enjoy the time off, though. It was nice to just let my brain relax, and decompress quite a bit from a stressful summer quarter and September. Now though, I'm glad to be doing something, even if it is just a seasonal job delivering packages for UPS. I still have my "me time," but I'm trying to use it more productively. Instead of just playing Nexuiz all the time, I want to actually try and better myself somehow. Maybe read some more books, brush up on my math skills, or something else entirely. I spend all day exercising my body. Now I want to exercise my mind, too. I'm going to go back to school at some point, and I want to have a brain left to do it with. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment