Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birthday

Yeah, I guess I had a nice birthday. One present sort of stands out, though. A friend gave me two hand bubblers - basically, two glass chambers connected by a short glass tube. Put your hand around the bottom chamber, and the heat from your hand causes the liquid to move up to the top chamber. Kind of a neat trick, actually. Sadly, one of them broke some time between when I had supper and when I got home. My friend wasn't kidding about them being delicate. I ordered another one from Amazon.com, since I had a gift card there. But later on, I thought, do I really need two of these? So, I canceled the order. Now I feel a little bit silly for ordering it in the first place. Oh well. :)

Otherwise, my birthday was alright. I met some friends for lunch - which was good - and went back to the apartment of a couple of them later on to play some lousy poker and hang out. After that, I went and met my family for dinner. After dinner, I got presents, cake, and all that at my house. My present from my parents was money - I had to do a friggin' scavenger hunt to find it all. In the end, though, I ended up with enough money to buy a Lego set I've been wanting. Assuming it ever gets back in stock, that is. It's a popular set.
Well, I guess that's all for now. It's midnight and I should head for bed. *Poof*

No comments:

Post a Comment