Last night, I was talking with my girlfriend over Skype. Even though I thought it might sound a little silly, I confessed to being worried about her wearing a blindfold all day. She was a bit surprised at that, but we got to talking about the issue some more. I found out more about the circumstances she'll be in, and it sounds like a very safe environment for her. I thought she'll be off on her own, but she said no, there is always an instructor close by in case anything goes wrong. Not only that, she's a lot more used to being unable to see than I am.
Since she couldn't wear the blindfold yesterday like she was going to, my girlfriend will wear it all day tomorrow instead. As she says, it's a kind of sensitivity training for her. Now that we've talked about it more, I think doing that will be a good experience for her too. She's assuaged my concerns about the whole thing, too. I thought that was nice; she didn't dismiss my concerns. We talked them out, and she answered the questions that I had about it. It was actually really sweet of her to do that.
So, I can rest assured that nothing will happen to my girlfriend tomorrow, and go on with my life. I'll probably still worry a little bit, but I think she'll be okay. Well, she might bump into a few things, but that happens. :P
I hope she gets someone to take pictures of her, too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment