I ventured down to the city of Tacoma today. Even though the city is only 32 miles or so from Seattle, it felt like another state. Different atmosphere, different people, different "vibes," if you will.
I didn't like it all that much. For some reason, I was slightly unsettled the whole time I was in Tacoma. I dunno what it was about the area, but it put me ill at ease. I was down there with my girlfriend, so I just hid my feelings about it. I didn't want to spoil it for her by complaining. :)
Maybe it was just that it was a new place for me to go. I've been through Tacoma on the train, and through the outskirts on my bike during the STP, but I'd never stopped there before. It was a new experience for me, to get unsettled that much by a new place. Normally, I'm kind of excited to be going somewhere new and different, but this time I wasn't. Maybe because it was the first time I'd been there? I dunno. Next time it will be different, though. And better. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment