My boss in an asshole. A shitfaced, 300lb, fat-assed asshole.
I'm so mad at him I'm having trouble thinking, much less seeing, straight. Sure, it was mostly my fault that the job didn't get done, but yelling at me like he did doesn't help a goddamn fucking thing. All it does is make me more pissed off at him. I wonder about a couple things, too.
First, why didn't he check up on us that we'd finished the job? He heard the chatter over the radio that we weren't able to get it all done.
Second, we needed a key to get water to fill up the barrels. The facilities guy had one, and my boss had his number. Why in the goddamn motherfucking flaming fuckity fuck did he not just CALL the facilities guy on Friday? He called him Saturday morning, and we had a key in under five minutes. Why the FUCK did he not do that on Friday? Was he fucking setting me up to screw up, or was he just being a goddamn dumbass?
I should call him out on this. If he had a radio on Friday, there's no fucking excuse for NOT hearing the chatter about the water barrels.
I'm still mad about this. I had to stop several times while writing this, and just sit at my desk and stew. That can't be good for me. I don't really want to keep this bottled up inside, but I don't have a good spot to let it out yet.
I know, I should take the high road, accept this as a learning experience, learn my lesson, move on, yadda yadda yad- go fuck yourself with that bullshit. It may have been a learning experience, but it was not a fucking nice one.
But there're not all going to be nice.
What?
Just that. Some lessons are easy, some are hard, some are painful, and some are a combination of the three. This one was very hard, and very painful.
Yeah, no shit.
So, the best thing to do is to take the lesson and incorporate the experience into your wisdom. Something like this can be useful in similar future situations, so you don't make the same mistake twice. Because rest assured, this will happen again at some point.
When I least expect it, right?
Well, maybe. And maybe not. If you can see it coming, you'll know how to best alleviate its effects from this first initial experience. After all, we're all here to learn.
Even you?
Yes. I'm learning right along with you, although I started out knowing a bit more.
So why haven't you stopped me from doing stupid shit like this?
If I did, how would you learn not to do stupid shit like what you did? Humans have free will, after all. Even your boss is still learning, although it might not be obvious.
He's still an asshole, though.
That's a subjective opinion. If you want to think of him that way, I won't stop you.
And I have to put up with him for four more fucking days before I get a break. What the fuck's up with that?
Well, you wanted more hours to work, did you not?
True, true. I could use the money.
Just remember this: you never get any more than you can handle, even if you think you can't handle it at the time. You can do it; we all believe in you.
We?
Yes, we. And that's all I'm going to tell you for now. ;)
Okay, fine. I should go to bed anyway.
Pleasant dreams.
...
Well, at least I feel a little better now.