Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My first post - rambling, whatever

Ok, technically this isn't my FIRST post. I made another post when I first created this blog, but I deleted it because it wasn't much of anything.
So, what the heck am I doing writing a blog, anyway? I have no idea. I guess I just wanted a place to put all my thoughts down in some sort of order, and maybe figure them out. I never kept a diary when I was young, but life was a lit simpler then. Now, I'm a college student, and things are a lot more complex. My mind is a massive jumble of thoughts, emotions, feelings, and memories. So, maybe putting some of them down on paper will help me sort them out.

Let me start with a little about myself, at least as much as I'm going to share with any schlub who happens onto this blog. I'm 21 years old, currently in my third year of community college before transferring to a university next year. I have two parents, both very much alive - I still live at home - and a sister who is a year and a half older than me, and lives at home as well. Being that our hose is only 2 miles or so from the community college, we decided that it would be a good idea. I have a girlfriend, who I love very much, and I'll probably call her "Kitty" when I write about her here. I am diagnosed with the "disability"of Asperger's Syndrome, which I won't go into explaining here; you can look it up at www.wikipedia.org. In a nutshell though, the AS makes some aspects of my life very hard, and other aspects ridiculously easy. For example, I'm a computer geek through and through - I've successfully diagnosed problems with my computer when the tech support guy was wrong - and other people in my family, particularly my mom, don't know much about how to use computers. I enjoy computer games, Legos, hiking, biking - I'm currently training for the 2007 Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic - and dogs. We currently have one of or own, and my sister, mom, and I walk several dogs around the neighborhood. I also enjoy reading books, mostly science fiction, with a smattering of other subjects in there as well.
Well, I've just watched a interesting Riverdance video on YouTube, so I've managed to lose, derail, whatever you want to call it, my train of thought. I guess I'll wrap this up for now, then. Oh, wait, you want to know my name? Well, as I mentioned earlier, this is the Internet, and I'm a bit paranoid, so just call me by the moniker I use - Jonny Mnemonic. Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment