I didn't mean to go THIS long between posts. Oh well, that's the way it goes. I just finished my Physics homework, so what the hey. Well, not "finished" totally. I got stuck on one question, so I emailed my instructor asking him how I can finish solving it. Figures it's the 10-part question, too. For the last problem I did, I got to derive equations describing various aspects of the motion of a projectile (such as a baseball) given the projectile's initial velocity, angle it was launched at, and gravity. It was actually interesting. And, I have a handy little set of equations to use for projectile motion now. :)
New Linux
Last weekend was spent installing the latest Ubuntu release, version 7.10 "Gutsy Gibbon" onto my computer. It was a bit complicated because I reformatted part of my hard drive, to give Linux more space. Then, it was a holy terror- again - to get my wireless card working. It works most of the time now, but I still have the occasional problem with it. I also have another new problem that came up the other day where my mouse pointer tends to vanish during periods of lots of CPU activity, for example when I'm loading a web page or opening Synaptic Package Manager. Another thread to make in the Ubuntu forums, I suppose. I also got Compiz working, which isn't much more than fancy eye candy for Linux, But damn, it looks cool:
This is a shot of Compiz plugin which lets you have your desktops organized on a cube. Or a pentagon, hexagon, etc, depending on how many desktops you have. It also has several different application window switchers, a fire plugin, and many other different plugins. Another nice thing about this program is that it's expandable with plugins, so I can add new features if I want. Not right now, though; I have plenty to keep me busy.Ok, time to go to bed. It's 11:40 and I'm starting to get tired. Well, I got a couple things on my to-do list done today. Not as much as I'd hoped, but better than none, I suppose. Night night, everyone. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment