It's been a busy few days since I last posted. Let's see, I guess I'll start with the job.
I got a job at a toy store not far from campus, and it's a pretty good fit: part time, good hours, nice work environment. Anyway, yesterday was my first day. the store owner was there, and she had been the only one there during a very busy day. The owner is diabetic, and she said she was going to sit down for a few minutes. My coworker arrived then, and I followed him around, learning how things work. Later on, I looked back at my boss. She didn't look too good; she was looking kind of pale and out of it, like someone who has been playing WoW for 24 hours straight. It turned out she was having an insulin reaction from her diabetes, and her blood sugar was dropping like a rock. A guy in the store at the time turned out to be an off-duty firefighter, and he administered some first aid while I called the medics. Long story short, the medics pumped her full of glucose, she came out of it and had something to eat, and she was fine. I'm glad that's all good, then. She told me, "what a first day, huh?"
"Yeah. You don't do this all the time, right?"
Luckily, she doesn't. Only once a week. :P Ok, not really. I go back there tomorrow for the closing shift again, 5-7 PM. Hopefully it'll be a little quieter than my first day.
No comments:
Post a Comment