Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Two Thingy Tuesday

Ever had one of those days where a whole bunch of stuff is dumped on you at once? I did today.

The day started off ok, until I went to get Mary's dogs to take them for a walk with Mom. Mary said that her mother is dying, and she's going back to Montana to be with her mother. So, who gets Mary's dogs while she's gone? Yep, my family and I. Mary's husband Jim will be around too, but they'll be spending more time with us. Oh brother. Oh well, I don't mind too much, considering the circumstances. It'll make a little money for me.

Speaking of money, I got a job today too. I'd seen an add on Craigslist looking for part-timers at a toy store near the UW campus. I went by the store and picked up an application yesterday, then brought it back today, along with my resume. I had an interview with the store owner, and she hired me on the spot. I don't know exactly when I start yet; she's going to call me. I was going to start tomorrow, but I remembered I had another appointment. I'm looking for ward to it, though. I think it'll be fun.

Now Kitty just needs to get a job too. She quit her other job a couple weeks ago, and is looking for a new one. She wants to do public speaking. What the hey? Ok, it's not unrealistic, I just think she should get another part-time job in the meantime, while she works on getting into the public speaking field. She doesn't want to, though, which I think is kind of silly. But, I have to let her figure that out for herself. I'll just be nearby, supporting her regardless of what she decides to do. Right now, she's working on paying a loan off as well. She gave me her credit card to safeguard, so she doesn't make impulse purchases with it. I hope that'll help. What I should do is try to guess her iTunes password, and change that. That'll save her some good money. But then again, she'd kill me, so forget that.

Alright, I guess that's all for now 'Night everyone.
Oh, I started a new blog too. Lego Brick of the Day. Go look at it if you're bored. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment