Or in English, the end of the year.
The year 2007 is coming to an end, and it's been quite a year for me. And for you too, I imagine. The past year was challenging, frustrating, amusing, odd, strange, and ultimately rewarding. I think. I'm glad it's over, either way. I'm looking forward to next year, 2008.
Next year, I start classes at the University of Washington, the neighborhood college I've always wanted to go to. Next year, I turn 22 years old, on January 16th. Next year, I'm hoping to go to Victoria B.C. with my sister and my girlfriend. I guess I should look into getting a passport. In a way, I'm ending one chapter of my life - the one of going to Seattle Central CC - and opening a new one - the chapter of the University student.
Also this year, I'm going to get more independent from my parents. I mean sure, I still live at home, but I'm almost 22, and I like to think that I'm a responsible person who can go out and have a little fun. I still have a 10PM curfew, for heaven's sake. That's one thing that's going to change. In the past, mom has been able to keep me in line by threatening to take away my college money. Well, that's not going to work anymore. I'm going to look for scholarships, and get other money to go to school on, since I cant trust hers very much - she'll take it away if I so much as stay out late, which pisses me off.
But, enough about that for now. My eyes are getting tired, so I'm going to take a break. Maybe I'll go bother my sister. She just got a new Apple laptop, and I want to play with it too. :)
Feliz Nuevo Año (Happy New Year), everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment