5 words I never expected to hear.
"I want to break up."
My world, our world, collapsing to pieces around me, falling to the wet ground.
What do you do when she's broken your heart?
What do you say when it's all falling apart?
I was hoping to have a nice walk with her yesterday. Instead, it all broke around me as we went from bus stop to bus stop.
Why did she do it? I didn't see it coming. Sure, we'd had a few rocky spots, but I felt we'd worked through those.
Did she not want to be hurt by me, so she broke up first?
She said it was her, not me. Ha. It's always a combination of the two.
I still have the firetruck model she gave me for my birthday last year. It's lying on the floor now, in a pile of laundry. Do I keep it? Do I dismantle it, and melt the parts? Do I return it to her?
Had she just gotten tired of me, and not said anything?
She said she couldn't see herself spending the rest of her life with me anymore. So does that mean she fell out of love with me long ago, and didn't say anything? If that's true, that almost hurts more than breaking up.
So now what do I do? I'm sitting here, wanting to cry, wanting to mope, wanting to do something, but I'm just sitting here.
Do I contact her, try and get her back? If I do, will it work, or will she just do this again in a month?
She mentioned once that she wanted to be married before she turned thirty. So, had she just decided I wasn't the right guy?
Is she so desperate to find true love that she'll throw current love out the window?
She said that our interests weren't compatible enough. So why not try to make them compatible?
She said I wasn't equipped to give her the kind of relationship she wanted. So why didn't she tell me that two years ago?
Two years of being together, and now it's going out the window.
She said she was going to go home and cry. Why? Isn't she glad to be rid of me?
No comments:
Post a Comment