Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rejected?

Did she really want to break up with me, or was it a fear of rejection?

We had recently talked about her fear(s) of rejection, and how they were preventing her from applying for a job, even though she needs one desperately. I assured her that even if she got rejected for a job, it wasn't the end of the world. With our talk, I probably brought up some bad memories from high school for her.

So, the question becomes.

Was she so afraid of rejection that she rejected me, before I could reject her? Did she want the breakup to be on her terms, instead of me breaking up with and rejecting her?

Or, to put it differently.
"I'm really afraid of being rejected, so I'm going to reject you, before you reject me. I'll tell you some other reasons for why I want to break up, though, so you won't suspect the truth."

I don't know if that was her thought process or not. I don't know if I'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment