Well, after spending a couple minutes aimlessly spinning my Bob the Wobble Clock around, I decided to stop doing homework for the night. I only have a couple questions left, and I can ask my classmates tomorrow about them.
Last night, it was a mix of snow and rain coming down. Overnight, the temperature dropped below freezing. The result was black ice everywhere over the roads this morning. Needless to say, it made traveling a lot of fun. When I was walking the dogs this morning with Mom and Sis, a car accident literally happened in front of us. One car came around a bend in the icy road that was covered with ice, slipped, and bounced on the curb, ending up jackknifed across one lane. The car behind the first car couldn't stop in time, and smacked into the side of the first car. No one was hurt though, and the cars only had minor damage. I bet that was happening all over town, especially on the two major hills, Capitol and Queen Anne. I'm glad I didn't have to drive anywhere today.
The sun was out most of the day, so the ice had largely melted by late morning. Which was nice, as Mom and I could then go to Office Depot to buy a birthday gift I had asked for: a new chair for my desk, as the one I had was getting uncomfortable. I found a nice leather/mesh one, Mom paid for it, and I put it together. Works for me. :) I'm sitting in it now as I type this, and it's pretty comfy.
As for my birthday, it's tomorrow, January 16th. I'll be the ripe old age of 22 years. I have to go to school though, which is no fun, but I've gotten used to it. When 2010 rolls around, my birthday will be on a Saturday, and then I won't have to go to school. I'll probably have to go to work instead. Tomorrow evening, my family, my aunt and her partner, and I are going out for dinner, which should be fun. The restaurant is called Coastal Kitchen, and they serve a lot of seafood dishes. They even have a website, which I didn't know until I searched for it just now. I'm hoping to get one or two presents, too.
Well, I suppose I should go to bed; it's getting late, and I have a big day tomorrow. 'Night everyone. I love Kitty! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment