Well, that's what I thought I'd be doing while Kitty was gone. Needless to say, it didn't work out. Oh well, here's a little update since my last post.
I did have my birthday; I'm officially 22 years old now. I don't feel much different, but I did get some nice presents. Among them, a gift card to the Lego store at a local shopping mall. This is a store that carries nothing but Lego sets and accessories. They also have bulk bricks in big bins; you can pick and choose just the Lego bricks you want, and then stuff as many of them as possible into the containers they provide. Then, you pay a set price per container, regardless of how many bricks you fit into it. I went to the store with my aunt last Tuesday and spent all of the gift card. And then $16 more. What can I say? Me encantan Legos. :)
Other gifts I got included a gift card to REI from another aunt (oh shoot - I need to write thank-you notes!), a set of drill bits from Dad - always the practical one - and a check from the third aunt. Yes, I have three aunts.
The other day, the cat got out of the bag, as it were. I'd never told anyone in my family about this blog, as I kind of liked my anonymity, and the ability to write anything I wanted about them. Well, that's over now; I was showing Sis a new website where I'd just registered an account, and I made the mistake of putting a link to my blog in my profile. She made the connection, and now I'm no longer unknown. Rats, now I have to watch what I say a little more. Or of course, I could always move this blog to a different web address, or restrict the readers, but I don't think I will just yet.
Finally, on Tuesday something wonderful happened. I went to the doctor's office, and I'm pregnant! No wait, that's not it. Instead, I got my cast off my right hand. It's so nice to have full use of my hand again. I can take notes in class, use the mouse, and do all those other things I usually do with my right hand.
Kitty is still down in California; I'm starting to miss her now, but I know she'll be back in about two weeks. I'm planning to meet her at the airport with her mother. There's a bit of a dispute over whether Kitty is going back to her parent's house or to her apartment, but I think that'll get sorted out. My guess is that Kitty will be tired and just want to go back to her apartment - at least, that's my hope. But who knows.
Well, that's it for now. Bedtime for me, since I have school tomorrow. 'Night everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment