Well, I did the production job on Sunday. It was kind of fun. I ended up in the light booth, changing the stage light configuration while the designer yelled at me from the stage. It involved computer equipment, so I was happy. :) Later on, I helped to sort the gels that they use to change the color of theater lights. That was interesting; there's a lot of different color shades that they can use. It was kind of fun. I think I'll try and sign up for another job with the same group.
On Monday, I upgraded my computer. I'm now using Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" as my operating system. The installation was nice and smooth, with a few glitches here and there, but nothing big. Thanks to a program called fw-cutter, I was able to install the drivers for my wireless card without much effort, and it only took me three minutes instead of three hours. A very nice change, if you ask me."So, what does Ubuntu look like?" you ask. A good question. it can be customized to look like almost anything. Here's my current desktop:
To see a larger version, click on the picture. My wallpaper tends to change on a regular basis, although I've kept this one for a couple weeks now.Ok, enough goofing off. Back to work, and chores, and making dinner tonight, and so on. Over and out!
No comments:
Post a Comment