Today, I went to have lunch with a friend. Who? Kitty, of course.
I met her over in the U-district. As she got off the bus, I could tell she was different than the last time we met.
Then, she had been more confident, more sure of herself. Now, she looked down. Her whole demeanor was different. She looked.. I don't know, beaten, for lack of a better word. I gave her a hug when she got off. That seemed to help a little bit. Although, I daresay the Middle Eastern food we had for lunch helped some more.
Over lunch, we talked a lot. About her recent nasty breakup, about what we're doing in life, about various other things. She still wants to travel the world, and go to school. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to travel and go to school as well, but I'm not sure if many schools have a program like that for Computer Science majors. So for now, I'll bide my time and travel after I graduate.
One question was on my mind, though. Would she go out with me again? I didn't ask it. I know the answer, and I didn't want to make things awkward. I was having a good time with her, and I wanted to keep it that way. I do still have feelings for her, yes. But I'm doing what I can to transmute them. From feelings of "I want to be your boyfriend" to feelings of "hey, let's be friends." I can't be her boyfriend again, but I can be her friend if she wants it.
After lunch, we went to a shoe store on the Ave because she wanted to get some new sneakers. Some things never change, I guess. :) They didn't have the kind she wanted, so we left. We did some more walking and talking, in the rain and clouds of Seattle. She talked about finding another boyfriend. So soon? She just broke up with her last boyfriend only a week ago. Honestly, I can't figure that part out. Why does she feel like she needs a boyfriend all the time?
At least she seems to be getting some things together, though. She knows what she wants to do, and she's making plans to start doing it. Taking a class at the UW, finishing her degree at Seattle Central - probably doing it the same way I did - dealing with her depression, and looking for a job. She's not just idling around anymore, which is also good. If you ask me, I think it would be good for her to be single for a time. I think she could use the break. As long as she has something to do, though.
Eventually, we ended up at Petco, where she bought a raincoat for her guide dog. Or, I ended up buying it. She'd left her credit card somewhere. Anyway, her dog looked hilarious in the raincoat. He is very tolerant.
After we left, I walked her over to the bus station so she could catch the bus out to Lynnwood. When we were crossing the street, she was on the phone, and asked my to touch her when the light turned green. So the light turned green, and I touched her - on her butt. I was so embarassed. I'd been looking at traffic, and wasn't watching where my hand landed on her. Oh well, at least she forgave me for it. I waited for the bus with her, which was only a couple minutes. She said it was good to see me. That made me happy. Then, I gave her a goodbye hug, and she went on her way.
Until we meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment