Last night, I was chatting with Kitty via IM for a time. To make a long story short, I ended up giving her a bunch of ideas of things for her to do. She took offense at this, comparing me to her mom, always telling her what to do.
That made me mad. I signed off before I said something I would regret.
I'm not her mom, dammit! Don't say I am.
I wasn't trying to give her advice. She had implied that she didn't have much to do, so I made some suggestions. I guess I came across wrong. I was being a little pushy, I admit. Frankly though, I probably wouldn't have known one way or the other if she had used any of them.
I was just trying to help.
Now I just feel stupid. I want to apologize to her, but she's not online right now. She was earlier, and seemed open to talking, but now she's gone. I did send her an email apology, at least, which she accepted. She said tonight that she was sad and wanted someone to keep her company. I wish I could do that, but she's not online anymore. I didn't respond to her messages for several minutes while I was working on something, and during that time she signed off.
I used to be the one that could sheer her up, at least a little bit, no matter what kind of a mood she was in. What happened?
You broke up, remember?
Oh, yeah.
And she went out with another guy for two months.
Oh, yeah. I guess that has something to do with it.
Man.. dealing with an ex girlfriend who you're trying to be friends with is complicated. I want to help her. I guess I just have to wait until she asks for help.
Good idea. Maybe you'll follow through on it this time.
Maybe. Maybe I should just leave her alone for awhile. But that's tricky. I want to be there for her, but I don't want to be overbearing. She doesn't take that well.
I'm sorry, Kitty. :'(
No comments:
Post a Comment