Monday, April 23, 2007

Hello From Linux

Well, this is my first post from Linux. I installed Ubuntu Linux on my computer a while back, but I only got my wireless card working last week. Now, I can actually begin to use Linux as my primary operating system. My overall first impression is a good one, although there are still kinks to be worked out. For example, I was having trouble with applications losing focus, and the mouse not working until I did Alt-tab a couple times. Also, the extra buttons and side-scrolling on my mouse don't work. Linux does have advantages, though; adding and removing programs is really easy, and it comes with more useful built-in programs than Windows did. I mean, how many versions of Windows come with a free Office equivalent program?
If I get around to it, I'll publish a more detailed review in the next day or two, but don't hold your breath. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment