Wednesday, April 11, 2007

School Daze

No, that's not a misspelling in the title. Sometimes school seems just like that: a daze. Today isn't one of those days, though; it's actually going pretty well. I'm sitting here in the computer center, getting paid $8.50 an hour to be available for people to ask me questions. I can work on homework, surf the Internet aimlessly, talk with people online, and maybe help someone who asks me. It's been a quiet day today, since no one's asked me for help yet. So, I'm reading up on installing programs in Ubuntu Linux. I'm still having trouble getting my wireless card to work, but I might play around with it some more when I get home. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard, and yet it is. It's probably also hard because I don't really know what I'm doing with Linux yet. I'm learning, though, bit by bit. It would help to have an Internet connection in Ubuntu, because then I could try out things as I'm reading the online documentation. Maybe I'll wait for the next release of Ubuntu to come out; that is supposed to have better wireless connectivity. But for now, I should go do some homework. Should, but I don't know if I will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment