Ok, WTF just happened to me? My sister just chewed my ass off for something that I didn't even know was wrong, and now I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
Here's the backstory: my sister and I started walking dogs when we were younger to make a little extra Money. As things stand right now, we have a minimum of three dogs to walk every day, and usually more. Two of the dog's owners work 12-hour shifts for the Coast Guard downtown, so the timing on those two dogs varies, but we usually have one or the other of them. But, both of the "Coast Guard dogs" as we call them, will be leaving in June for new postings with their owners. Oh yes, they also need two walks a day. Anyway, until June, we have a few dogs to walk. I thought we were managing all right. I come home from college (just up the hill, about three miles away) in the afternoon and walk a dog or two. It seemed that we were managing the dog load all right, but apparently that's not the case.
Anyway, a little while ago, Sis asked me if I could walk a couple dogs tomorrow morning, since I don't have classes until 11:00. I said that I could, and then made what I thought was a joke to "go to bed and stop worrying about the dogs." Boy, was that ever the wrong thing to say! She lit into me about how I'm slacking off dog walking by staying at school late, how I'm not walking enough dogs, how we all have to walk them until June when the two dogs leave, etc. She even threatened to cut off my half of the money (I thought she already had, which is why I started working as a tutor at my college three afternoons a week). I had no idea it was this much of a problem to her. Although, I wonder if it's not Sis stressing out too much about the dogs. She tends to do that about things sometimes, whereas I'm more like "doo dee doo," about the same things. I mean, it seems like a crazy schedule, but they all get walked in the end, and I have been trying to come home in the afternoons to walk dogs. I can't come home that early in the afternoon because of my schedule (Physics lab Tuesdays, tutoring M-W-Th, dates with Kitty on Fri), but I DO come home and walk dogs.
I dunno, I guess I felt like I was doing what I could, but apparently it didn't seem like enough in the eyes of my sister. Another possible problem is that I always seem a bit unscheduled, which is true to an extent. Sometimes I don't know quite when I'll be home (for example, I'm meeting classmates to work on homework), so I can't say exactly when I'll be home when someone asks me. Mom is usually OK with this, but it pisses my sister off, because she likes definite answers so she can schedule things in advance. I can't really do anything about that except try give a general time when I'll be home, which sometimes isn't enough. I suppose I could also tell my classmates I can only study for so long, and then I have to go. Duh.. that hardly ever occurred to me. Well, we'll see what happens. For now though, I'm getting tired since it's 20 minutes until midnight. I'm going to floss, brush, and go to bed. Just think - I get to go through all this crap again tomorrow! Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment