I turned off my Facebook account today.
*Collective gasp*
Why did I do that? I'd been spending too much time on Facebook, not really doing anything on it. Well, I did use it for communication with some people, but I can just as easily talk to them over the phone or email them. Facebook was becoming a timesink, as it were. I already have enough of those things, I don't really need one more. So, I deactivated my Facebook account. All my settings and data are stored, so I can reactivate without much trouble, should I decide to. We'll see, though.
Now that I'm done with Facebook, I might have to find other things to do to occupy my time. Things such as schoolwork, or studying more, or playing with Legos, or writing the Great American Blog Entry, or something else fun. Did FB really use that much of my time, though? Heh, probably.
I also changed my blog address. Again. Why did I do that? I just feel like dropping off online for a little while, and changing the address is a quick and easy way to do that. Why do I want to drop off online? Well, I don't really know. I just feel like being alone with my thoughts, without anyone else reading them. Considering I'm writing in a blog, something meant to be shared, that probably comes across as odd. Eh well.
I did start up another blog, though. It's focused around a Linux program known as Conky, so if you know what that is, you might like to check it out. I don't have much content yet - it depends on user submissions - but I'm hoping to get more content soon. Wish me luck with that.
But for know, I have to get up for school tomorrow. 'Night everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment