Well, it's happened again. I'm back to school at the UW for another 10 weeks of bull- I mean, another 10 weeks of learning.
So far, things are slightly overwhelming, like they are every first week. I'm taking three classes this quarter, which I've only done twice before. The first time, I was auditing the third class, and the second time, the third class was a 1-credit class. So this is the first time I've taken anything close to a full load of classes. I'm feeling a little bit stressed, but I think that's just getting used to the new routine. New classes, new teachers, new classmates; always quite a bit to process at first. At least I've already made a couple friends. That's good. I'm hoping to touch base with a couple old friends from Seattle Central that ended up at the UW. I haven't seen either one since last quarter, and I haven't talked to them all that much either.
There's another friend I haven't talked to much recently either. Kitty. Is she still a friend? I don't know. I've barely said ten words to her since we last met in person, three weeks ago. I don't call her, and she's hardly ever available on IM anymore. I imagine she's reading this blog every so often, since I decided to give her the new address. Does she care about me still? I don't know. Do I care about her still? I don't know.
Is that a bad thing (I'm losing empathy for others) or a good thing (I'm letting go of a bad break up)? I don't know that either. I wish I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment