I gave blood today, for the first time in almost three years. Why the big gap? The last time I gave blood, I almost passed out, so I got turned off do doing it for a little while. But today, I saw the big white bloodmobile on campus, and I decided to do it again. I wasn't planning to or anything, I just did.
It went like a charm.
I did the preliminary screening, where they check for any problems that would interfere with donation. Then they took a couple drops to check my blood for iron content, which was good. After that, I got to lie on a bed for 20 minutes or so while blood flowed through a needle in an arm vein, down a tube, and into a plastic collection bag. The only time it hurt was the initial sticking of the needle into my arm. Because it's blood, they need to use a bigger needle to avoid damaging the blood cells. I'm glad I went and donated again. I got a more positive impression this time around, so I'm more likely to go back in March, when I can donate again.
As for the zombies, I haven't been turned into one yet. There's a big (200 people) game of what is essentially tag going on around the UW campus this week. The humans are armed with dart guns or socks, and are fighting against the zombies, who feed on humans. I've been playing it, and it's been pretty fun. I've stunned a couple zombies, preventing them from feeding for 15 minutes. I almost got cornered by a couple zombies earlier today, too. Instead of boldly taking a stand, I opted for a tactical retreat. As in, I turned and ran to the nearest building. :)
The next two days should be interesting, as the number of humans goes down and the number of desperate zombies - a zombie must feed at least once every two days - goes up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my dart guns loaded.
No comments:
Post a Comment