I knew life was getting too boring around here lately.
On my way home today, I noticed a couple news vans parked about a block down from my house, in front of a local yacht club. I just figured that it was some local yachting figure that had died or something. When I got home, mom told me what had happened. A guy my mom worked for, and whom I knew, had died.
He was found in his basement. Stabbed to death.
Murdered.
Holy shit.
That doesn't happen in my neighborhood. It happens in the U-district, or downtown, or Rainier Valley. Not where I live, in this sleepy neighborhood by the bay. Apparently, that has changed now.
There was no sign of forced entry, though. So it was someone that the guy knew, and not just a random killing. That brings some comfort, cold as it may be. But, things are different now.
My paradigm just shifted.
No comments:
Post a Comment