Thursday, February 05, 2009

Statement of Dissatisfaction, Part II

I'm cranky tonight. That's a good thing for what I want to write, though. I guess I should start with an outline of what I want to get across to my dad.

Main points
  • Very little left to do on apartment, all of it plumbing work.
  • The work has not been completed in the 3 years it has been going on.
  • Queries about the status of the work have been deflected, obfuscated, or ignored.
  • Requests to finish the work have gone unanswered and unfulfilled.
  • No explanation has been provided for why the work is not complete.
This state of affairs has gone on for too long, resulting in
  • Resentment towards dad among the other family members.
  • Undeserved extra work on mom's part to fill the gap.
  • Frustration with dad's irresponsibility.
  • Anger that no explanation has been provided.
  • Anger at the loss of money for college; the money earned from the apartment would have prevented mom's having to work as much as she has.
Because of this, we/I demand that the following steps be taken without delay:
  • An explanation provided as to why work on the apartment is not finished.
  • Begin work on the apartment again, by March 7th, 2009. If dad is unable to do the work, then a suitable plumber/contractor will be hired to complete the work.
  • Ensure that the work is completed by June 1st, 2009.
If the conditions set out above are not fulfilled, there will be consequences:
  • I will act to ease the monetary burden placed on the family by two people simultaneously attending university, while simultaneously acting to increase the value of my own assets.

That doesn't sound too bad for a first draft, actually. Maybe I should make it a little less insulting..
Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment