Been awhile since I last posted. For your entertainment, I have a minor rant tonight.
Yesterday, my sister and I went out to Golden Gardens park for a late birthday party a friend was going to have out there. Or so we thought. Golden Gardens is in northwest Seattle, on the waterfront, so it takes a 45-minute bus ride plus some walking to get there from my house. When we got to the park, I didn't see anyone I recognized around, least of all my friend. I texted her asking where she was, and she called me back a minute later.
"Oh I'm sorry, we moved the party down to Columbia city!"
Say what?
That's quite literally at the other end of town from where we were. Getting down to that neighborhood would have required another bus ride of at least an hour. Dammit, I wish she had told me earlier!
Oh well, not much I can do now. So, since neither of us really wanted to go all the way beck down to Columbia City, we walked out of the park and went to a nearby (sort of; still a 30-minute walk) McDonald's restaurant for dinner. Afterward, we took the scenic bus ride home; a rout that is very loopy, but eventually drops you off over on the UW campus, not far from where I live. At one point during the ride, my sister looked at me and said, "you realize we've gone across town west to east tonight, haven't you?" Yeah, we had, thanks to the bus route.
Finally, we made out way back home after some more walking when we got off the bus. All in all, it was an interesting evening. And what lesson did I learn from that experience?
Make sure you know where the party is!
No comments:
Post a Comment