Well, here we are again. Another Wednesday night, and I'm grouching in my blog. I've been a little bit grumpy recently. I imagine it's because of my dad's layoff. I'm okay with the layoff - sure, it's a big deal, but I'm getting annoyed with my mom's reaction to it. She's doing everything short of freaking out, after she said she wouldn't. She says we all have to pull together as a family, this will be a grand adventure, we will get through this together, and on and on. Just shut the fuck up already, will you? I'm not 5 fucking years old anymore. I am in touch with reality. Dad's layoff is not a "grand adventure," it is a pain in the ass. Yes, I know we will get through it, you don't have to state the obvious. Yes, I know I'll need to find a job this summer, I knew that already, I heard you the first time, I didn't listen the next ten times you told me that because I heard it the first fucking time.
Sheesh.
Oh well, I guess we all react to news like this in our own way. My sister and mom freak out, I'm partially apathetic, and my dad sends his resume to every person he can think of inside the city departments that are hiring. It makes one wonder who is really the most productive there. Well, at least a job will make some extra money for me, even if I do have to use some of the income for household expenses. And, if the job pays well enough, or goes full-time, I might just have an opportunity to do something I've been thinking of doing. Move out.
I will keep my fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment