Well, I finally caught up with the rest of the world and saw Slumdog Millionaire today. I just want to say, it deserved all those Oscars it got. Maeve, mom, sis and I went over to the old Neptune Theater today and caught a matinee showing. It is a very good movie. A sort of rags-to-riches Cinderella story, set in the slums and back allies of Mumbai (Bombay) India. I hadn't seen the TV show "Who wants to be a Millionaire" featured in a movie before. Ok, I'd better stop; I don't want to give everything away. :)
In other news, I've started looking for a job again. Yep, I figured I should. With Dad being laid off, I figure the extra spendng money/school money/money money couldn't hurt. Hopefully I'll be able to find one on the UW campus by the start of spring quarter. Then I'll be able to work and go to school in the same area. I emailed my DVR counselor about this, so he can help me figure out where to look. The last time I worked during school was in the fall of 2007, so it has been awhile. But I did it before, so I know I can do it again. I also want to get my driver's license during spring quarter. That'll help with summer jobs, since I will have more flexibility in getting from point A to point B.
Otherwise, life continues around here. Maeve is in town for another couple days, so everyone will be seeing her for that much longer. I'm still passing my classes, probably the last VLPA classes I will be able to take if I get into the mechanical engineering program at the UW. Oh well.
I even went out on Frinday night, too. The HUB (Husky Union Building) at the UW has a 12-lane bowling alley in the basement. Some friends and I ended up down there, and bowled a couple frames. I had never gone bowling before; I didn't suck either, even getting a couple strikes during the games.
Well, I think that will be all for tonight. I leave you with an interesting question: What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
No comments:
Post a Comment