Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bad Day

Let me tell you about my day. It was bad. Really fucking bad.

In the morning, I had to take care of two sets of cats on my way over to campus. No big deal; I'll just walk and do them on the way. Well, first I'm running a little behind, so I have to hurry. I get to the house of the second set of cats, about a half mile from my house. I go to unlock the door, and...

wait.

This is the wrong key.

ShitshitshitshitshitshitshitSHIT!

(Insert 5 minutes of swearing under my breath here)
I walk back home, grab my bike and the correct key, and make it to school on time.
Later on, I realize I had forgotten my physics tutorial book, which I needed for quiz section that afternoon. No problem, I call my sister and ask her to bring it over when she comes to the U-district. Problem.

She brings the WRONG MOTHERFUCKING BOOK!
(Insert more profuse swearing here)

It's not entirely her fault, but it was still annoying. Now I have to go back home and get the right book, which I was trying to avoid doing. Oh well. I do that, which gives me a chance to vent some steam in a controlled environment, i.e. an empty house. My pillow and bed were abused, but it worked. I go back over to campus, get to my physics tutorial section. Wait, what?
They had printouts of what we'd need for today, so I didn't need the book.
...

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I manage to avoid losing it in class, but I head right home afterwards.
I need a walk, NOW.
Fred and I go for a walk, where I have to be nice to a couple people, since I'm collecting money from one and I meet the other on the walk. The walking calms me down a bit, so I'm in a better mood when I get home.

It's always a bit of work getting back to school the first week. New schedule, new classes, new locations, new stuff. It takes some adjustment, and I sometimes get a little stressed out. I think that's what happened today. Not many things went how I wanted or expected them to, so I got aggravated as a result. But, I know it will get better. The first week is always the hardest. The week before finals is a close second, though.

So now, I've calmed down, and am back to my usual sort of mellowness. Tomorrow is another day, a better day. 'Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment