Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kitty Surprise, Part 2

I didn't see Kitty today.
She called me this morning - a surprise in itself - saying that something came up today, and she couldn't make it to have lunch with me. Ok, that's fine. We set up a time tomorrow instead. I spent the time today doing statistics homework.
Later this evening, I notice she's signed on to IM. I think of saying something to her, but I decide to wait; I'll save my questions until I see her in person tomorrow. She IMs me instead, another surprise. After we talk for a little bit, she says that she doesn't really want to meet tomorrow.

Say what?

Now I'm confused. She was the one that suggested that we get together. I was ready to not see her for a time, and just keep talking to myself on my blog. And now she says she doesn't want to see me. Of course, I want to know why. She gives me an answer which surprises me again: She's chicken, and just can't handle it.

I was left speechless.

So, I ask her about that, and she admits that she couldn't really handle seeing me tomorrow. Apparently she still cares for me. Another surprise, although not much of one. To make a long story short, she doesn't want to see me, but she doesn't really know why.
Ok, I'm at a loss on this one. Maybe it was the impression I gave the last time I saw her. But, that was then. This is now. Now it would be different. Now I'm on more of an even keel than I was then. She still didn't want to see me.
I'm disappointed. Is she afraid? I don't know. I want to give her a chance, though. So, in my next-to-last message to her before I signed off, I told her:
I'm going to hang around the Pagliacci's from about 11 to 11:30 tomorrow. What happens while I'm there is up to you.

So, that's what I'm going to do. I hope she'll come; it's her decision to make. If she doesn't come, I can deal with that. I'll be disappointed, but I'll manage.
I have something I want to tell her, that I think she'd want to hear. It's only something that can be told in person, though.
Tomorrow I'll go to Pagliacci's. I'll wait for her from 11 to 11:30. What will happen there?
I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment