Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lonely Day

Most of the family was gone today, so I had the house to myself for a time. I got kind of bored. I should've been doing homework or something, but I found myself getting lonely.
I miss Kitty.
Even if I was alone, I always knew she was there in my heart. But now, there's nothing. Just an emptiness. I kept thinking about her today. What we used to do together. What we planned to do together. I was a little mopey.
But, I pick myself up and keep going. One day, it will be better. I got some homework done this evening, so the day wasn't a total waste. I baked a birthday cake for my grandmother's birthday tomorrow. She'll be the ripe old age of 86 years young.
I need to find a light bulb for my lava lamp, too. I bumped into it the other day and knocked the whole thing onto the floor. The bottle holding the "lava" didn't break - thank goodness - but the bulb did.
Something might be afoot tonight. Kitty has been signed on to instant messenger, but it's different. Her picture changed, and her status message is a sad smiley face. Does it mean anything? Did she break up? Have a fight? Should I do anything?
I don't know enough to know. But I'll keep my distance for now. I won't read her blog, or contact her. I did unblock her, though. If she wants to talk to me, she can. I'll leave my phone on for a little while longer. I cheered her up when we were going out. I should still be able to do that now, if she asks. It's her move; I'm just giving her a choice.
I'm not getting my hopes up, though. Well, ok, I am a little bit. But I have to be careful. I can easily get them crushed again. So, I'll just keep going on with my life.
But this time, I'll keep my promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment