Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Thursday

Tomorrow will be almost like the past couple Thursdays; get up, do morning stuff, go to class in the afternoon, come home, eat supper, do homework, go to bed. With one difference. I'm going to see an advisor at SCCC about completing my degree there. I also want to meet Kitty after she finishes her class, and talk to her. But she said she doesn't want to meet this week.

I'm afraid.

Afraid that she won't want to talk to me. Afraid of the answer she might give to the question I want to ask her. You know the one, I blogged about it once. Afraid that she won't even acknowledge my existence.

Fear is the mind killer.

I'm going to be at SCCC anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to try. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'll wear my trademark sneakers - bright orange Converse high tops - and hang around near her classroom. I'll make sure to be in her line of sight when she comes out, and then the next move will be up to her. What will she do?
She might ignore me. She might say hi, and nothing more. She might strike up a conversation. She might not even be there. Who knows. I won't know if I don't try.
I want to know the answer. I want to ask her in person. I feel I have a right to know.
Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment