I had some spare time today, so I plopped down in one of my university's computing centers and signed on to Meebo, which lets me sign on to several IM clients in the web browser - no separate application needed. Anyway, Kitty happened to be signed on too. I wasn't too surprised. She initiated a conversation with me though, which was surprising. Apparently, she'd read my blog entry about looking for her at SCCC. She said we could get together for lunch on Sunday, if I wanted.
Say what?
I thought she was over and done with me. That she had no more concern for me than for an old t-shirt she donated to Goodwill. That she was so busy focusing on her new life with her new perfect-in-every-way boyfriend (just like I was) that she wouldn't have any time for poor little sad-plodding-along-in-college-me!
Yes, I am being sarcastic and a little bitter. Can you blame me?
I was surprised, though. So I said yes. What the heck. I'll have a chance to ask her that question I've wanted to ask, and we can see each other in person. She's always good company.
I hope she doesn't bring that t-shirt with her, though. I want her to keep that shirt. As a reminder.
A reminder that she threw away one who loved her deeply - even though I sometimes had a hard time showing it.
A reminder of what could have been, if we had done things differently.
A reminder of the price of love.
A reminder of broken hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment