As I continue from yesterday's post, the events of the year 2008 take a few surprising turns.
July
We celebrate Independence Day on the fourth. As has been tradition, I go up to a street overlooking Lake Union with my family, where we watch the fireworks display from Gas Works Park. I spend several nights with Kitty, at her behest. My sister continues with her drawing class at the UW. It's not for credit, but she still gets something out of it. Somewhere in here, mom finds out about a bike tour taking place in August of 2009, and starts thinking about signing up for it.
August
Mom spends the first week of the month on vacation with her sisters. I spend more time with Kitty during that week. On the 19th, my life is thrown into a blender; Kitty breaks up with me. I don't really remember much after that. I do find that she takes up with another guy less than two weeks later.
September
We spend several days at a friend's house in Wenatchee for a little vacation. I try and have a good time, but it's hard. I'm still reeling from the break up. On the 24th or so, classes start again at the UW. I have a Statistics class and a Linear Algebra class. Maybe they'll keep my mind off of other things. We'll see.
October
I continue my classes, doing well in one and squeaking by in the other. Around the middle of the month, I find that Kitty's already planning to marry the guy she's going out with. That knocks me silly for three days; all I do is lie around. I decide that's enough. All Kitty does is cause me pain, so I'm not talking with her anymore. I write her a final letter and cut off all communication with her.
November
I start talking with Kitty again. Her dream guy broke up with her. I even manage to hang out with her a couple times during the month. I celebrate Thanksgiving with my family, stuffing myself silly like I usually do. I flub one math test, and do better on a statistics test. I'm looking forward to the end of classes.
December
I finish my classes after the second week; I get a 3.0 and 3.7 for my grades, which are better than I thought they'd be. I start four full weeks of winter break. I make a big to-do list, but I haven't gotten all that much of it done. Oh well. Christmas comes and goes; I get some good presents, including $2000 towards college tuition from my grandmother. I buy myself a new computer on the 13th, paying about $500 for a blue Samsung netbook. Dad's 63rd birthday is celebrated on the 19th and 20th, with a nice dinner and presents. I think about doing a little year-end retrospective for my blog.
And there it is, the retrospective. Now I'm looking forward to next year. It's only a couple hours away now. Happy new year everybody.
No comments:
Post a Comment