Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ignored

She says she wants to talk. But then she ends up talking to a friend and ignoring me.
She told me something I should do, but then didn't expand on it.
Come on, I want to talk about that. Don't leave me hanging.

Does she want me as a friend, or not? I have no problem with her talking to other friends. I have a problem with her not telling me she's doing so, so I don't have to wait for her to come back.
When she's away, I always wait for her to return. When I talk to her, I'm distracted, and sometimes have trouble focusing on other things while I wait for a response to my messages.
But, is that her problem or mine? Maybe I should just change my behavior over IM. Find things to do, instead of waiting for responses. Treat exchanges over IM more like a casual conversation, and less like some intense personal conversation. Which isn't to say I shouldn't think over my responses like I try to do.
Does she want me as a friend, or not? I feel like she's pulling me closer with one hand, and pushing me away with her other hand. It's confusing. I always have trouble interpreting mixed signals like that. I think most people do, but for me it's amplified because of my 'disability.'
Another question that I just thought of - and perhaps an important question - is: do I still want her as a friend?
I don't have an answer for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment