I spent most of the afternoon today cleaning my closet. It's an interesting experience, doing that. I found things I had forgotten I had, or hadn't seen in years. I even found something I'd totally forgotten about, even though all I had to do to see it was to look up.
It was sitting on the top shelf, towards the front of my closet. I saw this red tail, and I looked up. What was this?
Oh, yeah. That damn singing lobster.
Kitty had given it to me as a present for Valentine's Day 2007. I think it was 2007, anyway. It's a stuffed lobster, rigged with a sound chip and motors, wearing a straw hat and a lei. When you squeeze its claw, it sings a love song in a Caribbean accent, whilst moving its arms and mouth. It was loud and tacky, but somehow amusing. I kept it in my room for awhile, and then it moved to the closet. There it sat, forgotten, until yesterday. It brought back memories. Good memories.
Speaking of Kitty, I find myself experiencing... changes regarding her. My feelings towards her were of love, of hopefulness, of maybe getting back together. But recently, they have been changing. To feelings of.. "whatever," for lack of a better word. She's doing her thing, I'm doing mine, and we're still friends. But that's it. Still friends.
She seems stuck to me. Stuck in her situation in life. She wants to do so many different things, which is commendable. But she's stuck where she is. Still in her little apartment, still jobless, still out of school. At least she's going to try and finish her degree - for the third or fourth time - at community college this winter. Maybe then she can get unstuck. Of course, getting a job would help too. Then she'll have more money to spend on things like better food, clothes, moving, whatever. Although considering how irresponsible she is with the money she does get, it makes me wonder if more money will actually solve the problem. But, that's not my problem anymore.
So, I guess I'm becoming indifferent towards her. I care about what she does, but not as much as I once did. I'm distancing myself from her slightly, too. I changed the location of my blog, again, and I haven't given out the new address. I haven't logged onto IM as much as I have been doing; I don't have all that much to say to her. If she wants to talk, she knows how to contact me. I won't be doing much, if any, contacting of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment