Yep, it's snowing again. The second snowfall inside of a week. That in itself is unusual around here. But, when you mix the snow with some very cold temperatures (teens and 20's), then you have a tricky situation around here. The roads are sheets of ice, buses are running irregularly, and the city is running pretty slowly, if at all. Right now, there's a snowstorm going on outside. Not so bad in city where I am, but the suburbs are basically getting it in the shorts. It should be pretty tomorrow. That is, if you aren't trying to get anywhere. I even wrote a little (poem? Haiku?) about the snow. I guess I get profound sometimes.
Snow
On rooftops, on stop signs, on streetlights.
Endless blanket of white
Coating the normal world
Transforming it into a new world
A white, silent, peaceful world
Sledding, skiing, skating
Walking, exploring this new world
Frozen lakes, ponds, puddles
Ice skidding across ice,
Making a tinkling sound as it slides
Is this our new world forever?
No, not forever
Soon, the sun will return
The snow will turn wet,
slushy, brown
No longer white
Soon it will be gone
Only a memory
And our normal world will return.
No comments:
Post a Comment