Arrgh. I'm still grumpy. Outside I'm acting normal - for me - but inside I'm still kind of a grouch. And I still haven't figured out why. I'm not going much of anywhere, not talking to much of anyone except my family, not doing much of anything. Maybe that's part of the problem. I did get out for some time alone yesterday, though. I went to Office Depot to return a memory card reader I had bought and not liked all that much, then to the U Bookstore to buy a different one.
Maybe it's the cabin fever. Even though I get out on a walk every day with Mom and my sister, and the dogs, I've been spending a lot of time inside. Mom hasn't gone for a bike ride in two weeks because of the weather; it's been kind of icy and slippery for riding. So as a result, she's been around the house a lot more on weekends than she normally is, which is starting to get on my nerves. I mean, I love my mom and all, but there is such a thing as being together too much, especially when I'm used to not seeing her much during the day because I'm at school. I hope she'll start biking again, and soon.
Maybe it's my dad. He's been getting on my nerves a little lately, as I wrote about in my last post. Well, that same night I wrote that blog, he didn't get home until 1-fucking-AM in the morning. What the hell? He was out at my grandmother's, shoveling snow. It's dangerous to shovel snow that late; it's dark, slippery, and unnecessary except when a structure is in danger of collapsing under the snow's weight. The worst part is that he didn't even call to tell us what he was doing, so we were worrying about him all night. That just pisses me off. A phone call takes less than a minute. A cell phone does not take up much space in a pocket, and can be set to ring loudly, lessening the chance of missing calls. Is that so fucking hard to do?? Apparently so, for him. I suppose for someone who grew up without cellphones, using them it not as much of a habit as it is for someone like me. However, Dad's going to have to change his habits, especially when the weather is icky like it was the past couple weeks.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward a little to school starting. My classes look interesting, I have a new computer to use for work and taking notes, and I'll be participating in games of Humans vs. Zombies Tag on campus (HvZT Facebook group). So, we'll see how things turn out. It should be better than last quarter, though. That was a fucking pain in the ass. Things are different for this quarter. I'm more recovered from my breakup, I don't have any math classes - just writing - and I know some more people on campus than I did before. I should find a club to join, though. I want to associate with others of my ilk(nerds), and maybe meet a cute nerd girl, if such a thing exists. ;)
Alright, I'm done with ranting for now. I guess I should go to bed soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment