This day, September 11th 2009, I would like to pause and remember the over 2000 people that were killed on this day, 7 years ago, in New York City in the collapse of the Twin Towers, in the Pentagon, and in a field in rural Pennsylvania.
I remember that day so well.
I was 15. I had gotten up that morning and turned on my radio. All they were talking about were these planes that had smashed into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.
I went "what the fuck?" Got dressed. Went downstairs. The TV was on.
A burning Tower. Only one tower left. I watched, fascinated and horrified at the same time.
Mom came downstairs. "Good morning."
"I wish it was."
"What?"
"Look."
The second tower collapsed soon thereafter.
My entire paradigm shifted. I knew that the world would never be the same after that. That I would never be the same.
But, I am still here.
No comments:
Post a Comment