Saturday, September 20, 2008

Questions

Questions.
I have had a lot of those recently. Questions for me, for her, for us. Big questions, small questions, and one really big question.

Could our break up have been prevented?
It is possible, but it is also possible that it would only have been delayed.

Wait, who are you?
I am another part of you. Possibly your imagination, possibly your second self.

I still love her, though. Does she still love me?
Possibly, but not in the same way. She has given her love so someone else. Now she just loves you as a friend.

But, why did she break up with me?
She gave you several valid reasons why. If you cannot accept those, then nothing will convince you.

I miss her badly. Very badly. I want to call her, email her, talk to her.
Right now, she is focused on her new relationship. An occasional email will probably be acknowledged, but I don't know about anything else. The best thing to do right now is focus on something else. Thinking about her endlessly won't bring her back.

What if I changed, became a man? Would she take me back?
She has said herself that she wouldn't. Why think otherwise?

I still want to help her, give her advice, talk to her.
Well, sending an email wouldn't hurt. She is under no obligation to do anything you suggest, though. It's her life, and she must follow her own path.

I only want to help her understand what's best for her: completing college with her degree, then going places, like I plan to do.
She isn't that kind of person. She wants it all now; possibly, she feels as though she deserves it for some reason. She is a complicated woman?

She said I didn't have much of a chance competing with her current guy, whom she's known since second grade. Why did she even bother, then?
The three of you changed; he changed since she'd last seen him, you changed, and she changed once she realized she might not be able to change you. The end result is where we are now. she loved you, though. Don't forget that.

Compared to her, I feel stuck in slow motion. I mean, she's getting her AA degree and might be going places, while I'm stuck here in Seattle.
Keep this in mind: She is 25, and only now finishing the two-year degree she started several years ago. you are 22, with a practically-finished degree and a clear path ahead of you. In terms of educational progress, you are ahead of her right now. Once you have finished - or taken a couple years off for the Peace Corps - you will go places, too. It's even possible to go places while you're in college.

I still want to help her, though. To be by her side, supporting and guiding her.
You should only help her if she asks for it. She is very independent, and wants to do things her own way. This may or may not be the same way you do them, but it is her way. Do not forget, you helped her for over two years, maybe more, while you knew her. You inspired her to kick out her old boyfriend, and to go after someone she may or may not get - you.

Will I ever get her back? I still hope that I'll get her back, someday.
It is fine to hope for that. Just remember, it may or may not happen. Someday can be soon, or it can be much later. However, don't let that interfere with your life. Get out, meet people, go to a party, have some fun. It won't do anyone any good if you just sit around turning into an old depressed bachelor.

Did she break up with me just to go out with the other guy?
I do not know. She might have, but I believe it more likely that she did not. It is more likely that she broke up with you, then spent several days grieving. Then, she might have called him; they did keep in touch sporadically, after all. Only then did she see that he had become a decent guy. You haven't met him, so you can't judge. If she runs away with him to China, so be it; it is her choice.
If you really want to know the answer, just email her and hope she emails back.


Hmm. That was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment